September 18, 2019
Our house is on fire — let’s act like it.
Greta Thunberg, a sixteen-year-old from Sweden, is changing the world. But she can’t do it alone. If we don’t act now, global warming will have devastating consequences for us, for the next generation, and for our planet.
Below are five actions we’re taking to support the Global Climate Strike this week.
Will you join us?
Whether you participate in just one or all five, don’t watch from the sidelines. The health of our planet – from our coral reefs and rainforests to our infrastructure and economy – is in our hands. It’s in yours too.
1. Join the Digital Climate Strike: It’s easy. It’s free. And it creates awareness.
2. Find an Event Near You: Participate. Youth across the globe are leading the charge. Why? Their future depends on us and the actions we take now.
3. Spread the Word on Social Media: The hard work has already been done. Scores of images and graphics are available to share; edit the sample text or adopt it verbatim.
4. Park Your Car for a Day: Walk, use mass transit, or work from home. Fewer cars on the road reduces emissions and lessens our global dependence on non-renewable resources like oil and gas.
5. Vote: We all know the drill. Only congress has the power to enact legislation in response to what climate scientists across the planet have been telling us for decades. If your representative won’t vote for change, vote them out and elect someone who will.